Lemon Zucchini Bread
Lemon Zucchini Bread-this is the BEST zucchini bread recipe! The bread is super moist and the burst of lemon is amazing!
Our friend brought us a huge bag of zucchini from her garden and I have been making zucchini everything. Tis the season!
I’ve also been stirring extra shredded zucchini into my favorite marinara sauce. The boys don’t even know it’s there. And of course I’ve been making loaves of Classic Zucchini Bread and Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I guess I am going a little zucchini crazy.
I think you will appreciate my zucchini madness because I also created a new zucchini recipe that is going to knock your socks off. This Lemon Zucchini Bread is the BEST! You HAVE to make it.
The bread is super moist thanks to the zucchini and olive oil. I use light olive oil in this recipe instead of extra-virgin olive oil because it is lighter in flavor. Some extra-virgin olive oils can be strong. If you don’t want to use olive oil, you can use canola oil or vegetable oil.
This bread is also bursting with lemon flavor thanks to the lemon zest, lemon juice, and sweet lemon glaze. Don’t skip the glaze because it really is the icing on the bread…or cake.
I call this recipe zucchini bread so I can eat it for breakfast and not feel guilty, but it could easily pass as a zucchini loaf cake. I would eat it for dessert any day. Heck, I would eat it anytime of the day. Call it bread or call it cake, either way it is delicious!
I also love this recipe because it makes two loaves. We enjoyed a loaf and shared one with our friends. The boys were sad to see the second loaf to go out the door, but I promised them I would make more soon. Good thing there isn’t a zucchini shortage this time of year. I can bake zucchini bread all day, every day!
If you are looking for a recipe to use up your zucchini, make this Lemon Zucchini Bread. It is our new favorite zucchini bread and I think you will love it too! And if you are a chocolate fan, you also need to make our chocolate zucchini bread. It is another winner! Gather up your garden zucchini and get baking!
Looking for more zucchini recipes, check out our favorite zucchini recipes here!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
This moist lemon zucchini quick bread is topped with a sweet lemon glaze and is a summer favorite. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert.
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60-65 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
For the lemon glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon sugar mixture, eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined, the batter will be thick. Stir in the zucchini and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the loaves on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove the loaves from the pans. Let cool completely on rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the loaves. Slice and serve.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!