Our herb garden is going crazy this year. I can’t keep up with our basil, it is out of control. I’ve been adding basil to salads, sandwiches, pizza, I’ve made pesto, strawberry basil sorbet, etc. Every time I walk outside it looks like I haven’t touched it though. I guess it is a good problem to have since basil is my favorite herb:) One of my new favorite salads is this Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, and Feta. I made a lemon basil dressing to go with the salad and it is amazing.
I love orzo pasta salads and this one is top notch! I added in artichokes, tomatoes, chickpeas, and feta cheese. The chickpeas added a nice “crunch” with the creamy feta. Plus, they are a good source of protein. The lemon basil dressing was super easy to make. I combined all of the ingredients in the blender and had a wonderful dressing in seconds. I poured the dressing over the salad and stirred it up.
This salad is great at room temperature or chilled. We ate it for dinner and for lunch the next day. If you are looking for a new salad recipe, make this Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Feta & Lemon Basil Dressing. It is fresh, healthy, and delicious. And if your garden is full of basil, this is the perfect recipe for you! Enjoy!
On Monday, I was on a local television station, Studio 5, to do a live cooking segment. I made one of my favorite recipes, Strawberry Nutella Muffins. If you want to see the clip from the show, you can visit the Studio 5 website! It was fun!
Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Feta & Lemon Basil Dressing
- 4 cups vegetable broth you can use water
- 1 ½ cups orzo
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Lemon Basil Dressing:
- ¾ cup basil leaves packed
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over high heat. Stir in the orzo. Cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Drain the orzo through a strainer and rinse with cold water. Drain completely and transfer the orzo to a large bowl.
- 2. Add the chickpeas, artichokes, tomatoes, and feta cheese to the orzo. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. To make the dressing: in a blender or food processor, blend the basil, garlic, salt, and lemon juice until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Blend until combined.
- 4. Pour dressing over orzo salad and stir until well combined. Serve salad immediately or chilled.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Orzo Salad with Artichokes, Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Feta & Lemon Basil Dressing, you might also like:
Mediterranean Orzo Salad from Andrea’s Recipes
Cherry Tomato Orzo Salad with Simply Recipes
Orzo Super Salad from 101 Cookbooks
Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta from Two Peas and Their Pod