Did you know July is National Blueberry Month? I love blueberries so I think we need to celebrate. Get out your party hats and confetti, today is all about blueberries! I am sharing a recipe for Overnight Blueberry Almond Oats and 25 amazing blueberry recipes from our blog and around the web. Happy National Blueberry Month!
First, let’s talk about the Overnight Blueberry Almond Oats. I love making overnight oats because they are easy to throw together before bedtime and when you wake up, breakfast is ready to go! I like to make my overnight oats in a jar so there is only one dish to wash in the morning. I mix oats, almond milk, Chobani plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and blueberries together. I put the jar in the fridge and go to bed!
In the morning, I take the jar out of the fridge and top the oats off with almonds, extra blueberries, and cinnamon. I dig right in, there is no need to cook the oats. You may think cold oats sound odd, but I promise they are tasty, especially during the hot summer months. The oats are creamy and bursting with blueberry flavor. And I love the crunch the almonds add.
I love making Overnight Blueberry Almond Oats for breakfast. It is an easy and healthy way to start the day!
Overnight Blueberry Almond Oats
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Extra blueberries and cinnamon for serving
- Stir oats, milk, yogurt, blueberries, and cinnamon together in a jar or bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. In the morning, remove from refrigerator and top with almonds, extra blueberries, and cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Note-if you want to sweeten up your oats, feel free to add a bit of brown sugar or honey!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you are looking for other ways to enjoy blueberries, here are 25 blueberry recipes that are sure to put a big fat blueberry smile on your face!
1. Blueberry Yogurt Waffles from Two Peas and Their Pod
2. Blueberry Bagels from Brown Eyed Baker
3. Blueberry Almond Granola Bars from Mountain Mama Cooks
4. Creamy Lemon Blueberry Crepes from Picky Palate
5. Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
6. Blueberry Danish Puff from Chef In Training
7. Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade from Eat, Live, Run
8. Very Blueberry Smoothie from Skinnytaste
9. Baked Brie with Blueberry Sauce from Recipe Girl
10. Blueberry Corn Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
11. Blueberry Jam with Mint from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
12. Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod
13. Pork Chops with Savory Blueberry Sauce from Love and Olive Oil
14. Grilled Blueberry BBQ Salmon from How Sweet It Is
15. Blueberry Dessert Pizza from Spoon Fork Bacon
16. Lemon Blueberry Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
17. Blueberry Streusel Scones from Cookin’ Canuck
18. Blueberry Muffin Cookies from Bakers Royale
19. Blueberry Maple Tea Cake from Cookie and Kate
20. Blueberry Peach Crumble from Two Peas and Their Pod
21. Blueberry Pudding Cake from Shutterbean
22. Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Pastry Affair
23. Blueberry Angel Food Trifle from Reluctant Entertainer
24. Frozen Blueberry Coconut Pie from She Wears Many Hats
25. Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes from My Baking Addiction
Yay for blueberries! Enjoy!
Loving the blue tint to these photos, Maria and the blueberries look so plump n’ sweet! Hope you are having a great July.
Hugs to the lil’ pea from me.
YAY, my blueberry strudel scones that Dara( cookin canuck) made for her blog made the list – too bad it wasnt my link 🙁
Great idea. And those oats look hella creamy. Thanks for all the links too!! Can never get enough blueberry recipes.
Look at all these fabulous blueberry recipes! Adding a few blueberries to your day is such a great way to boost your daily fiber intake and now we all have oodles of recipes to do just that!
i’ve always wanted to try overnite oats. thanks for the inspiration.
and WOW look at all those blueberry recipes! YUM.
This would make a perfect camping recipe and you are right Maria – perfect for those mornings when the thought of heating anything up is just too much!!
I have been eating a very unhealthy amount of blueberries and there is no shame. Love these overnight oats – looks delicious!
I can’t wait to try overnight oats! I’ve always loved oatmeal for breakfast too but it’s just too hot in the summer!
This is so good! I have made it twice and my husband loves it too! Thanks for sharing!
Would anyone be willing to share the recipe for this dish? I can’t find it anywhere on the Cafe Zupa web site.
Here is the link: http://www.cafezupas.com/2012/07/overnight-blueberry-almond-oats/ It is working for me. I hope it works for you!
The website does not come up when i click on it… mobile or computer… could you please supply the recipe. the error i get is: “bandwidth limit exceeded: the server is unable to service your request due to the site ownder reaching his/her bandwidth limit”
i really wanna make this! 🙁
Delicious. I added honey the next morning. It was great. Incredibly filling.
See More Comments