Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting-this easy pumpkin spice cake is a fall favorite!
Caleb’s birthday was yesterday. He turned 4!!! How did that happen? Can someone please tell me how my baby is four already? I can’t even deal. It feels like we just brought him home from the hospital yesterday!
We celebrated all weekend long and of course our celebration included cake. I let the birthday boy pick his cake and he chose Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I make this cake every fall and Caleb loves it. This time, I added sprinkles because Caleb insisted. He said birthday cakes HAVE to have sprinkles. I didn’t object. I love sprinkles too!
I am glad Caleb picked this Pumpkin Bundt Cake because it is super easy to make. I was worried he was going to request an Iron Man or Daniel Tiger cake. He would have been disappointed if I would have attempted to do anything fancy. Sprinkles are my jam! They make any cake look good:)
The pumpkin cake is perfectly spiced and will smell amazing while baking. I used my homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. Don’t worry it isn’t hard to make, I bet you have all of the spices in your cabinet now! You just need to combine them all:) And it’s so much cheaper than buying it at the store!
I love this cake because it turns out perfect every time! It never disappoints. It is super moist and the cream cheese frosting is the icing on the cake. It is Caleb’s favorite part. He always licks off the frosting first:)
This Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for any celebration. Caleb reminds us that every day is a celebration so cake is totally appropriate any day! Don’t forget to celebrate the little things in life!
Check out our Favorite Pumpkin Recipes! You will want to make them all:)
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar and oil until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition. Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool for 15 minutes before inverting onto the wire rack. Cool cake completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix until combined. Mix in vanilla and milk. Beat until smooth. If frosting appears to be too thick, slowly add in a little more milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spoon frosting over cooled cake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Cut into pieces and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!