Utah finally got a cold spell over the weekend. The mornings have been chilly! I decided to warm things up by turning on the oven. I baked a Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake that warmed up the house and my belly.
If you follow our blog, you know we LOVE cinnamon streusel everything. Cinnamon streusel just makes the world a better place, especially when pumpkin is involved. My Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes are hands down my favorite pancakes ever. I decided to take the same flavors and make a Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake. It was everything I hoped for and more!
I love this cake because it is unbelievably delicious AND it’s a breeze to make. You probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already. We did! I will give you a second to go look. On your mark, get set, GO!
Are you back? Ok, good. I hope you had all of the ingredients. If not, run to the store. Don’t walk, run. By running, you will burn extra calories so you can eat more cake. I love the way I think:)
The pumpkin flavor isn’t too strong in this cake, but you can tell it’s there, don’t worry. The cinnamon streusel tunnel and topping give the pumpkin cake the pizazz it needs! And because I am obsessed with glazes, I added an easy cinnamon glaze. It makes the cake look pretty and adds a nice sweet finish.
Please don’t wait to make this Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake. It needs you. You need it. See, it’s a win win! Get baking today!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
For the cinnamon streusel:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small chunks
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan or a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the streusel, in a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add in the butter, using 2 table knives or your hands, and cut into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add in the vanilla extract. Add the pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt and mix until just combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture. The batter will be thick.
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel over the batter. Spread the remaining batter over the streusel and top with the remaining streusel. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire cooling rack and let cool for about 15 minutes. Remove the sides from the pan and slide the cake onto the rack.
- Make the glaze while the cake is cooling. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cinnamon, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Cut into wedges and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, you might also like:
- Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Icing from Shutterbean
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Erin’s Food Files
- Pumpkin Nutella Snack Cake from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Skinny Pumpkin Banana Bars from Whipped