Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado-I could eat this healthy salad every day! I love all of the green!
On Monday, I shared my latest dessert obsession, Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bars. Today, I am sharing my latest salad obsession, Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado. It’s all about balance. If I eat this healthy quinoa salad for dinner, I can have a big Toffee Ice Cream Brownie Bar for dessert. I like the way I think:)
You really don’t have to twist my arm to eat this salad though. It may be healthy, but it is also delicious! I could eat this salad every day…ice cream or no ice cream!
We love making quinoa salads at our house and this one is a new favorite! My boys love it too…including the baby. He was doing jumping jacks after every bite:) I am glad he has good taste in food already!
I like to use black quinoa for this recipe because I like the contrast of black and green. It makes for a pretty salad:) I buy black quinoa at Whole Foods. You can also purchase it from Amazon. If you can’t find it or want to use regular quinoa that you already have in your cabinet, that is fine too! Regular quinoa will taste just as good!
The edamame, cucumber, avocado, green onion, and cilantro are the dream green team! I love all of the flavors and the bright green color is an added bonus. The simple Asian dressing is easy to whisk up and is the perfect finishing touch to this gorgeous salad!
This salad is best the day it is made, but I ate the leftovers the next day and it was still super tasty! The avocado browned a little, but not too bad. So if I was making this salad for a party or to serve for friends, I would make it the day of, but for just us, I am fine eating it the second day. Leftovers are my friend:) Just a little FYI!
Mix up your salad routine and make this Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber, and Avocado. It is sure to be a favorite at your house. And remember, it’s healthy so you can have ice cream for dessert:)
If you are looking for more quinoa salad recipes, here are a few of our favorite recipes! Enjoy!
- Charred Corn and Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Asian Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado, and Lemon Basil Dressing
- Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado, and Tomatoes
- Quinoa Salad with Mango, Currants, Almonds, and Mint
- Quinoa with Butternut Squash, Dried Cranberries, and Pepitas
Quinoa Salad with Edamame, Cucumber and Avocado
Add this healthy quinoa salad to your must make list! It is a favorite at our house!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup black quinoa or regular quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 medium seedless cucumber peeled and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1. First, rinse the quinoa. Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- 2. While the quinoa is cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, Tamari, sesame oil, lime juice, and fresh ginger.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, edamame, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Gently stir. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Note-Make sure you use Tamari for a gluten-free salad.