Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins-these delicious and healthy whole wheat muffins are made with zucchini, banana, and blueberries! A great way to get your fruits and veggies!
Last week, I made Lemon Zucchini Bread and ended up shredding way too much zucchini. It’s easy to have too much zucchini this time of year and I got a little carried away. I am not complaining because the extra zucchini led to Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins for breakfast. Best decision ever because these muffins are so delicious. I love them, the boys love them, and Josh loves them. A new family favorite!
I love these muffins because they taste amazing and they are healthy! Shhh, don’t tell my boys:)
The whole wheat muffins are made with mashed banana, shredded zucchini, and blueberries. These muffins are packed with fruits and veggies which is a big time bonus since our boys love them! I didn’t have to fight them to eat their veggies this time. They devoured their muffins.
We enjoyed the muffins as soon as they came out of the oven and then I hid the rest so I could freeze them for later. I love keeping healthy muffins in the freezer for easy breakfasts and snacks.
These muffins would make a great back to school breakfast, lunch box treat, or after school snack.
If you are looking for ways to get rid of your summer zucchini, make Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins. Your zucchini will magically turn into delicious and nutritious muffins that everyone will love! Enjoy!
If you like these Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins, you might also like:
- Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Zucchini Coconut Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add the flour mixture and stir gently with a rubber spatula until flour is mixed in. Squeeze the zucchini in a paper towel to remove excess liquid. Fold the zucchini into batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin cups, about ¾ full. Sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar, if using. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Note-you can use all-purpose flour or regular whole wheat flour instead of white whole wheat flour. The muffins will keep covered for up to 3 days on the counter. The muffins also freeze well, store in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 1 month. To reheat, place the muffins in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod