Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons
We kicked off Salted Caramel Week on Monday with Salted Caramel Skillet Brownies. I hope you all had a chance to make them. They are pretty divine.
Salted caramel week continues today with Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons. I know that is kind of a mouthful of a title, but I promise, you will want a mouthful of these decadent macaroons in your mouth. The salted caramel and toffee combination is unreal. It takes the classic coconut macaroon to a whole new level. And I didn’t stop there, I also dipped the bottoms in chocolate. Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons, where have you been all of my life? I love you!
To make these magical macaroons, you need salted caramel sauce. I promise our recipe is easy to make, so don’t start sweating. Just do it. It’s salted caramel week so you have to! I insist:)
Our traditional coconut macaroon recipe uses all sweetened condensed milk. For these macaroons, I used half sweetened condensed milk and half salted caramel sauce. Best decision ever. The salted caramel sauce is amazing! I also added in toffee bits because I love caramel and toffee together.
I was going to stop there, but when the macaroons were cooling I decided to go all out and dip the bottoms in chocolate. Another great decision on my part. I used to think I was a bad decision maker, but these macaroons are proving me wrong. I can make decisions and darn good ones too:)
These macaroons have it all-coconut, salted caramel sauce, toffee, and chocolate. They really are perfect. I’ve made them a few times now and everyone always raves over them. So make a batch of Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons and share with your family and friends. They will be impressed!
Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate
Chocolate dipped coconut macaroons with salted caramel and toffee. These macaroons are heavenly!
Yield: 18 macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1/2 cup toffee bits
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the salted caramel sauce, sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and toffee bits and mix well.
3. With a spoon, scoop up about 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into mounds that have a peak at the top. Use your hands to gently squeeze the dough together to create a slight point at the top. Your hands will get sticky, but that's ok:)
4. Bake the macaroons for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure you keep stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so until chocolate is melted and smooth. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper or wax paper. Dip the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate-just so the bottoms are covered. Set dipped cookies on the paper to dry. Dip all of the cookies and let them sit on the paper until completely dried.
Note-you can make these 2-3 days in advance. Store in an air tight container on the counter.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Salted Caramel Toffee Coconut Macaroons, you might also like: