Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies are fudgy, gooey brownies with pretzel pieces and a layer of salted caramel sauce. These brownies are the ultimate dessert.
Are you looking for a dessert that will knock your socks off? Or maybe I should say knock your flip flops off since it’s almost summertime and you probably aren’t wearing socks:) Anyways, I have the dessert for you, these Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies are insanely delicious.
If you are a regular reader of our blog, you know I LOVE all things salted caramel, especially when paired with pretzels. I’ve made:
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream
I figured it was time to add brownies to the list!
Close your eyes and think rich, fudgy brownies with salty pretzel pieces and gooey salted pretzels. Don’t open your eyes yet, we are not done, we still have to serve the brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. Ok, you can open your eyes now. Are you craving brownies now? You should be! And I just realized you had to read what I was writing, so you probably didn’t close your eyes, but that is ok. Thanks for humoring me.
Don’t let that craving drive you mad. Get into the kitchen right now and make these AMAZING brownies. You deserve them, I know you do!
How to Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- I like to use my favorite homemade salted caramel sauce. It is the best and so easy to make. If your brownie craving is off the charts and you don’t have time to make homemade salted caramel sauce, that is ok. You can use store bought, but pro tip, ALWAYS keep a jar of salted caramel sauce in your refrigerator. It is a lifesaver for those sweet cravings!
- I use Dutch process cocoa (affiliate link) powder because I love the dark, intense chocolate flavor. If you don’t have Dutch process cocoa, you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder.
- There are chopped pretzels in the brownies and whole pretzels on top. I like the look of whole pretzels on top and it helps me cut them into nice squares. Everyone gets a full pretzel.
- I like to sprinkle the brownies with sea salt before they go into the oven to bring out the sweet and salty flavor.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes or until set around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting. I like to stick them in the fridge before cutting so I can get a nice, clean cut. The brownies are fudgy and gooey and that is a very good thing.
- I store the brownies in the refrigerator. You can bring them to room temperature before serving, heat them up in the microwave, or eat them cold. I really like them cold too:)
- Go all out and top the brownies with a scoop of ice cream and extra salted caramel sauce. I also like to sprinkle pretzel pieces over the top. I usually use vanilla ice cream, but my No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream would be amazing with these brownies.
Are you ready for a Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownie? Ready, set, GO into the kitchen right now and make yourself a pan! And if you need a dessert to take to a party, potluck, barbecue, or celebration, take these brownies. Your people will LOVE you!
If you like these Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies, you might also like:
- Our Favorite Brownies
- Zucchini Brownies
- Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bars
- Salted Caramel Skillet Brownies
Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 24 brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- Whole pretzels for topping the brownies
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on the top of brownies
- Ice cream and extra salted caramel sauce for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Stir until mixture is shiny, but do not let it bubble or boil. Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa, baking powder, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the eggs and stir until smooth. Add the flour, chocolate chips, and chopped pretzels.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Drizzle the salted caramel sauce evenly over the brownie batter. Top with the remaining brownie batter and smooth with a spatula. Top with whole pretzels and sprinkle with additional sea salt.
- Bake the brownies for about 30-35 minutes, or until they are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove pan from the oven and cool on a rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- Note-the brownies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. I like to eat them cold too:) They are also great served with a scoop of ice cream and extra caramel sauce.