5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles – you only need 5 ingredients and 20 minutes to make this easy and healthy zucchini noodle dish your whole family will love!
Our 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta recipe is one of our favorite weeknight meals. We probably eat it once a week. The other night I mixed things up and made 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles. We ditched the pasta and used zucchini noodles instead!
To be honest, I wasn’t sure if my boys would appreciate the change so I had pasta close by, just in case I needed a backup. Well, the boys loved the zucchini noodles, especially Maxwell. He ate all of his helping and several bites of mine. He kept saying “MORE!”
Making Zucchini Noodles
I think the boys loved this zucchini pasta dish because it is delicious AND they had fun watching us make the noodles. We love involving our boys in the entire meal process so they appreciate the food more!
We got out our Inspiralizer and turned zucchini into curly, fun noodles in minutes. It is such a great kitchen tool! We love it and our boys love it!
If you don’t have an Inspiralizer or other zucchini noodle maker, you can use a julienne peeler to make zucchini noodles. Apply light pressure with a vegetable peeler along the sides of the zucchini. You can also use a mandoline. KitchenAid also makes a stand mixer attachment that makes zoodles.
Make sure you avoid the soft seeded core of the zucchini or your zoodles will end up soft and mushy.
How to Cook Zucchini Noodles
I love turning vegetables into noodles because they are healthy, tasty, fun to make, and fun to eat! You can use zucchini noodles as a replacement for all kinds of pasta, like Zucchini spaghetti. I kept the zucchini noodles recipe pretty similar to our zucchini pasta version, but used less butter and cheese to keep the noodles on the lighter side.
- Tip: Make sure you don’t overcook the zucchini and spinach or they will get soggy. You basically just want to heat them up. We like the noodles on the firm side so we just cook them for 1-2 minutes…which is awesome because this is a quick and easy recipe! YAY!
Zucchini Noodle Success!
Our boys were slurping up their zucchini noodles with big smiles! This 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodle dish is going to be a regular at our dinner table. You should try it too! You only need five ingredients and twenty minutes! You can’t beat that!
If you like this zucchini noodle recipe, you might also like:
- Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Cucumber Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- Greek Cucumber Noodles
5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups packed spinach
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the zucchini noodles and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until zucchini noodles are coated in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Note-don't overcook the zucchini noodles and spinach or they will get soggy.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod