Avocado Sauce-this simple creamy avocado sauce only takes a few minutes to make and is great on tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches, salads, and more! It can also be used as a dip for vegetables or chips!
Avocados are in my top 5 foods of all-time. They make everything better. I love adding them to salads, sandwiches, tacos, and more! And of course, I love guacamole and avocado toast. Avocados are the BEST! I also love using avocados to make this simple Avocado Sauce.
The sauce is creamy, smooth, and made with healthy ingredients that I always have on hand. I love the healthy fats from the avocado and protein boost from the Greek yogurt.
It is also a great salad dressing, sandwich spread, or dip for veggies, chips, and crackers! The options are endless.
This easy avocado sauce is full of flavor and can make just about anything taste better. You are going to love it!
- Avocado– the star of the sauce. Make sure you use a large, ripe avocado with no brown spots or bruising.
- Greek yogurt– use your favorite brand of plain Greek yogurt. You can use fat-free, low fat, or whole milk yogurt.
- Buttermilk– a little to thin out the sauce and to give it a slightly tangy flavor.
- Cilantro– vibrant, green cilantro adds great flavor!
- Green onions– the green onions blend in nicely to the green sauce.
- Jalapeño– I like a little kick to the sauce so I use a ½ of a jalapeño pepper. If you want a spicy sauce you can use an entire pepper.
- Garlic– fresh garlic, peeled and minced!
- Lime juice– to prevent the avocado sauce from browning and to brighten up the sauce.
How to Make Avocado Sauce
It only takes a few minutest to blend up this easy and creamy avocado sauce!
- In a food processor or blender, blend the avocado, Greek yogurt, buttermilk, cilantro, green onion, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt, if necessary. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little more buttermilk until desired consistency is reached.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender. If you don’t mind a chunkier sauce, you can even mash all of the ingredients together with a fork or potato masher. The sauce won’t be as smooth, but still delicious!
Ways to Use Avocado Sauce
I love having a jar of this avocado sauce in the fridge because it has so many uses! Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy it.
- Top your favorite tacos with a dollop of avocado sauce.
- Serve with quesadillas, burritos, taquitos, or fajitas.
- Top your nachos with the creamy sauce!
- Spread it on your favorite sandwich or wrap!
- You can thin it out with a little extra buttermilk and use it as a salad dressing.
- Serve it as a dip with fresh veggies, chips, or crackers.
- Top your favorite veggie or protein bowl with the creamy sauce.
- Add it to your favorite burger!
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
- Top grilled steak, fish, or chicken with a little bit of the sauce.
How to Store
Store leftover sauce in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will stay nice and green. Stir before using.
More Recipes to Try
- Quick Pickled Red Onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Best Guacamole
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, blend the avocado, Greek yogurt, buttermilk, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if necessary. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little more buttermilk until desired consistency is reached.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod