Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese-this is the perfect grilled cheese sandwich for fall! Enjoy with a bowl of warm soup!
I have been on a grilled cheese kick. I think it has something to do with the cold temperatures. Or maybe because grilled cheese sandwiches are so easy to make and I have been feeling lazy when dinner time rolls around. Or maybe because grilled cheese sandwiches are just SO GOOD! Whatever the reason, I am so in love with my latest sandwich creation, Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese. It is the perfect fall sandwich!
This sandwich is actually inspired by a grilled cheese I had at Deer Valley during The Better Blog Retreat. I ordered it for lunch and instantly fell in love. I knew it needed to happen in our kitchen. Deer Valley used three cheeses, but I didn’t have three cheeses in my fridge, so I used brie instead. The king of all cheeses in my book:)
The melty brie with the tart, crunchy apple slices and sweet fig jam is the perfect package. Oh, and there is caramelized onions and arugula too on buttery sourdough bread! Why not go all out? This grilled cheese is exploding with flavor!
Grilled cheese equals classic comfort food and this Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese is comfort food at it’s finest! This sandwich is SO gourmet, but SO easy to make! Don’t you love it when that happens! You don’t even have to leave your house to enjoy this gourmet sandwich…which is a big time bonus since it is cold outside. I hibernate in the winter and I am going to hibernate with this sandwich!
If you like this Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese, you might also like:
- Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
- Brie, Pesto, and Sweet Pepper Grilled Cheese
- Three Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese
- Blueberry, Brie, and Lemon Curd Grilled Cheese
- Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Brie, Fig, and Apple Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 7 minutes
- Total Time
- 17 minutes
- 2 sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoon soft butter for brushing the bread
- 4 tablespoons fig butter or jam
- 5 ounces brie cheese thinly sliced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the onion slices and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Spread fig butter or jam on the inside of each slice of bread. Layer the brie, apple slices, caramelized onions, and arugula. Top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches, butter side down in the hot pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese melts. Cut sandwiches in half, if desired. Serve immediately.
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!