Caesar Dressing Recipe- you only need a few ingredients to make this rich and creamy Caesar Dressing. It’s the perfect dressing for making restaurant quality Caesar salads at home!
I love making salads and Caesar Salad is always a favorite. The best part is the Caesar Dressing…well and the crunchy homemade croutons.
If you’ve never had Caesar dressing, you need to try it. It looks similar to ranch, but the flavor profiles are very different. They are both creamy, but ranch is light, fresh, and herby. Caesar has a strong, zesty flavor. It is more powerful.
Caesar Dressing is easy to make at home and SO much better than bottled store bought dressing. Authentic Caesar dressing is typically made with olive oil and raw eggs, but my recipe is super simple.
I use mayonnaise for the base so I don’t have to mess with raw eggs. Is it cheating? A little, but I am ok with that because you can’t tell I use a shortcut. The dressing is rich, creamy, and zesty! The flavors are so good, it really is the BEST Caesar Dressing!
Table of Contents
- Mayonnaise– Full fat mayo will give you the creamiest dressing. If you want to use low-fat or fat-free, you can.
- Lemon juice– always use fresh lemon juice, not bottled.
- Dijon mustard
- Anchovies– you can use 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovies, minced. Don’t be scared, they add great flavor to the dressing:)
- Parmesan cheese– use freshly grated Parmesan cheese, the good stuff!
How to Make Caesar Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, anchovy paste, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. That’s it! It is SO easy!
Ways to Use Caesar Dressing
- For green salads, especially Caesar Salad, the classic!
- Make a creamy pasta salad! This Tortellini Caesar Salad is fantastic!
- Use it as a spread for sandwiches, wraps, or burgers.
- Use as a marinade for meat and chicken.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
- Use it as a dip for cut up vegetables.
How to Store
Because my Caesar dressing doesn’t contain raw eggs, it will keep in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Whisk well before using.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Basil Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Italian Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Tahini Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, or 2 anchovies, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, anchovy paste, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod