Tahini Dressing- you only need a few ingredients and 5 minutes to make this creamy and delicious tahini dressing! Drizzle it over your favorite salad, roasted vegetables, or enjoy as a dip!
Homemade salad dressings are easy to make and much better than store bought dressings, I promise. A few of my favorites include my basil vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, creamy cilantro lime dressing, and this Tahini Dressing.
If you haven’t tried tahini before, let me introduce you. Tahini (tahina) is a ground sesame butter or thick paste that is traditionally used in Middle Eastern cuisine. It looks similar to peanut butter, but has earthy and slight bitter flavor. It’s commonly used to make hummus, but also makes an incredible dressing.
The dressing is healthy, creamy, nutty, and fresh! It’s super easy to make and very versatile. I keep a jar in our fridge at all times. It is a staple in our house and I think you will love it too!
Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- Tahini paste– you can buy tahini paste at most grocery stores. Look for it in the aisle with peanut butter or in the aisle with international foods. You can also find it at a specialty or Middle Eastern grocery stores. You can store tahini paste at room temperature, but if you don’t use it that often, keep it in the fridge because it can go rancid.
- Lemon juice– to brighten up the flavors!
- Water– make sure you use COLD water so the dressing gets nice and creamy and not goopy.
- Maple syrup– to balance out the bitterness in the tahini sauce. You can also use honey.
- Garlic– adds a slightly spicy element to the dressing.
- Salt and pepper– a must, but especially the salt. Make sure you use enough salt to balance out the bitterness from the tahini. The salt will make the flavors pop!
How to Make Tahini Dressing
You don’t need a blender or food processor, just a bowl and a whisk! This dressing is easy to whisk up and only takes a few minutes to make.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini paste, lemon juice, water, maple syrup, and garlic. The tahini will be really thick and seize up a little, just keep whisking until the dressing is smooth.
- If the dressing is a little too thick, you can always add a little more water until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or maple syrup, if necessary. Make it according to your taste.
- Salads– drizzle this delicious dressing over any salad.
- Vegetable Dip– make a thicker dressing and use it as a dip for your favorite fresh vegetables.
- Roasted or Grilled Vegetables– finish your roasted veggies or grilled veggies with a drizzle of tahini dressing. SO good!
- Falafel– serve with falafel!
- Fries– enjoy with sweet potato fries, sweet potato wedges, or potato wedges.
- Bowls– top your favorite bowl with the dressing. A few ideas: Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls, Greek Chicken Bowls, Chickpea Shawarma Bowls and Grilled Vegetable Bowls.
How to Store
The dressing will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Whisk before using. If it is too thick, you can add a little cold water to thin out the dressing and whisk again.
More Dressing Recipes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini paste, lemon juice, water, maple syrup, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the dressing is a little too thick, you can always add a little more water until desired consistency is reached. Taste and add more lemon or maple syrup, if necessary.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod