Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is rich and chocolaty with a hint of pumpkin and spices. It is the perfect quick bread recipe for fall.
I just shared our all-time Favorite Pumpkin Recipes, check them out, you will want to make them all. Hooray for pumpkin season!
Well, I have one more pumpkin recipe to add to the list, Chocolate Pumpkin Bread. You guys know I am obsessed with chocolate quick bread recipes.
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Yeah, all of these recipes are AMAZING and have gone viral. I am so glad you are loving my chocolate bread recipes as much as I do. And I am SO excited for you to try my Chocolate Pumpkin Bread recipe next. I know you are going to love this one too. It is the perfect quick bread recipe for fall!
I make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread every fall, but this year I wanted to add a chocolate bread version to the mix. This Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is SO decadent and delicious. It is going to be on my fall baking list from now on.
So let’s get down to the details. This bread is made with cocoa powder and chocolate chips so it is very chocolaty. It has 1 ½ cups of pumpkin puree in the recipe so the bread is super moist. You can taste the pumpkin, but it isn’t that strong. The bread is more chocolate with a hint of pumpkin, which is kind of nice since most everything in the fall is ALL pumpkin. I like the chocolate pumpkin twist.
There is pumpkin pie spice in the bread too and the spices will keep you coming back for more. It adds a nice warmth to the decadent chocolate bread!
Bake a loaf of Chocolate Pumpkin Bread this fall. It is sure to be a fall favorite! Enjoy! And make sure you try my classic Pumpkin Bread recipe too, it is the BEST!
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter. Oven times will vary so make sure you check it at 50 minutes to be safe.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
- Note-the bread will keep on the counter, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 4 days. This bread also freezes well. To freeze, cool the bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost before slicing.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod