Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls-You will love these satisfying Oatmeal bowls that Are loaded with delicious toppings! The perfect Oatmeal Recipe to start any morning!
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Best Oatmeal Recipe
I love making oatmeal for breakfast, it is the perfect way to start any day. You can’t go wrong with a hearty bowl of oatmeal, especially during the cold winter months. Oatmeal will warm you up and keep you full until lunchtime. It really is the perfect breakfast.
Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls are my favorite because I LOVE all of the toppings. Oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring, you can top your bowl with fun toppings and enjoy a special bowl of oatmeal every single morning.
How to Make Oatmeal
I love making oatmeal because it is so easy. I use old-fashioned rolled oats to make oatmeal, not quick oats. I like the heartier texture of old fashioned oats. If you need your bowl of oatmeal to be gluten-free, you can use gluten free oats. I like to make oatmeal on the stovetop, that is my preferred method, but if you are in a real morning rush, you can make oatmeal in the microwave. I will give you both instructions.
How to Make Oatmeal on the Stovetop:
- Bring the Water to A Boil. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil before you add the oat. This will keep the oats from absorbing too much water.
- Reduce the Heat. Turn down the heat so the water is at a gentle simmer and add the oats, cinnamon, and salt. I always add cinnamon because cinnamon and oatmeal are a must in my books. Also, don’t forget the salt. The salt will bring out the flavor in your oatmeal.
- Stir frequently. Stir the oats while they cook to make sure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan and to make them nice and creamy.
- Cook. Cook the oats for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Turn Off the Heat. Stir in the milk and pure maple syrup. I like to use Simple Truth Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. I love the vanilla flavor it adds. To sweeten the oatmeal a little, I like to use pure maple syrup. You could also use brown sugar, honey, or coconut sugar. Or you don’t have to sweeten the oatmeal with anything, up to you!
How to Make Oatmeal in the Microwave:
Combine 1 cup water, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats and a pinch of salt in a 2-cup microwavable bowl. Microwave on High for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Stir before serving.
I like to start with a basic bowl of oatmeal so I can add ALL the toppings. The toppings make oatmeal fun and SO delicious. Customize your oatmeal bowl and feel free to mix it up every morning! It is always fun to try new toppings and combinations!
For the oatmeal bowls in the photos, I used: Simple Truth unsweetened coconut chips, almond butter, and black chia seeds. I also added fresh berries. These are my go to toppings! You can’t go wrong with this combo!
Other Oatmeal Topping Ideas:
- Nut butters (cashew, peanut butter, almond butter)
- Dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, dried cherries)
- Fresh fruit (chopped apples, pineapple, mango, berries, peaches, pomegranate seeds)
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, pecans)
- Sweetener (honey, brown sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- Hemp hearts
Can you Reheat Oatmeal?
Yes! If you have leftover oatmeal, don’t throw it away. Keep oatmeal in a container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Just wait to add your toppings until you are ready to eat.
When ready to reheat, add a splash of milk or water and reheat in the microwave. Add your toppings and enjoy!
Sometimes, I like to double the recipe so I can have leftover oatmeal. It makes breakfast time a breeze! I always love having breakfast ready to go.
These easy Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls are a favorite at our house and I think you will love them too! You are going to want to eat oatmeal everyday!
If you like this oatmeal recipe, you might like:
- Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal
- Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal
- Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal
Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls
Start your morning with healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls! The perfect breakfast for any day!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
For the Oatmeal:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled outs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Simple Truth Almond Butter
- Simple Truth unsweetened coconut chips
- Simple Truth chia seeds
- Mixed Berries
In a small saucepan, bring the water to boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the oats are thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and milk. Stir in the maple syrup.
Divide the oatmeal into bowls and top with desired toppings. Serve warm.
Feel free to add your favorite toppings to your bowl of oatmeal. Have fun!
oatmeal, oatmeal recipe