Happy Shrove Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day. Shrove Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) is the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. It is tradition to eat pancakes on this day because it is the last day to indulge before giving up foods that aren’t allowed during Lent. Pancakes are the perfect food to eat because they contain butter, eggs, flour, and sugar-foods most people give up for Lent. It is also National Pancake Week. Yay for pancakes! We love pancakes at our house so today we are sharing a few of our favorite pancake recipes to help you celebrate Shrove Tuesday and National Pancake Week.
And here are a few pancake recipes from our blogging friends that are on our must make list:
- Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes from How Sweet It Is
- Smashed Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Pancakes from Joy the Baker
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from Recipe Girl
- Coconut Pancakes from She Wears Many Hats
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Pancakes from Eat, Live, Run
- Carrot Cake Pancakes Pancakes with Brown Butter from Fat Girl Trapped In A Skinny Body
- Granola Banana Pancakes from Tidy Mom
If you didn’t have time to make pancakes for breakfast this morning, don’t worry, pancakes are always tasty for dinner. We love “Brinner” at our house:) And you have all week to celebrate…and there are no excuses, because you have plenty or pancake recipes to choose from now. You might need to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Happy Pancake Eating!