Peach Almond Crisp-a simple peach crisp made with fresh peaches and topped with a sweet almond oat topping. Add a scoop of ice cream for an extra special summer dessert.
Millions of peaches, peaches for ME! Don’t you just love that song? It always gets stuck in my head, especially when I am eating peaches and I have been eating a lot of peaches lately. They are one of my favorite summer fruits and they are so good right now! I eat at least one a day. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, what does a peach a day do? Hmmm, maybe keeps the boogeyman or “bad guys” away? Yep, I am a mom of boys:) Anyways, back to the peaches. I am obsessed, especially with this Peach Almond Crisp. It is the BEST way to enjoy summer peaches. Trust me!
Crisps are one of my favorite desserts, especially during the summer months when so many fruits are in season.
Look at those beauties! At first, I didn’t want to use the peaches for my crisp because they were so beautiful, but I am glad I did. The peaches got even better!
I sliced up millions of peaches and topped them with a simple almond oat topping. I used Blue Diamond’s Honey Roasted Cinnamon Almonds, one of my favorite almonds. The hint of cinnamon and sugar made the crisp extra special. I also loved the crunch from the almonds.
I made sure there was plenty of topping to cover my peaches. No one likes a skimpy crisp. Sure, I love the peaches, but give me LOTS of topping!
I also like a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! You can’t go wrong with a bowl of warm Peach Almond Crisp and vanilla ice cream. I love when the ice cream starts to melt into the crisp! Mmmm! The perfect summer dessert!
Pick up some ripe peaches and make this easy Peach Almond Crisp. It’s a winner! And this crisp is technically a dessert, but if you find yourself eating it for breakfast, don’t be ashamed. It has almonds, oats, and fruit. Sounds like a breakfast of champions to me!
Peach Almond Crisp
Easy peach crisp made with fresh peaches and topped with a sweet almond oat topping. Add a scoop of ice cream for an extra special summer dessert.
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- For the Filling:
- 6 cups sliced peaches about 6 large peaches
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Cinnamon Almonds
- Ice cream for serving optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sliced peaches with the flour, sugar, corn starch, and vanilla. Gently stir and pour into prepared dish.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined and the brown sugar clumps are broken down. Add the butter pieces and mix in with your hands until you have a crumbly mixture. Stir in the chopped almonds. Evenly sprinkle the crisp topping over peaches.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the crisp is bubbling. Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Note-the crisp is best the day it is made, but will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat before serving.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.