Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa will make you feel like you’re on vacation somewhere exotic. These simple and flavorful tacos are a summertime Taco Tuesday favorite!
It is officially summer and that means it’s time to bring on all of the grilling recipes! Who’s ready? I hope you are because you need to make these Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa ASAP! They make the perfect summer meal.
These restaurant-quality tacos are easy to make at home and will WOW your family and friends. The grilled pineapple salsa is the perfect finishing touch to these juicy shrimp tacos! Trust me, don’t skip it. Plus, it makes the tacos super colorful. They are basically summer in a tortilla!
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
Mmm, this salsa is the secret sauce that makes these tacos NEXT LEVEL good! I love our classic pineapple salsa, but grilling the pineapple combines smoky and sweet and it pairs just right with Shrimp Tacos.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and brush a small pineapple, cored and cut into spears, with olive oil. Grill until the pineapple is charred on both sides, then set it aside and let it cool. Chop it into bite-sized pieces. Leave the grill on and hot for the shrimp!
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. Sprinkle with salt and stir everything well!
- Make sure you give it a taste test with a tortilla chip. That’s the perk of being the chef!
How to Make Shrimp Tacos
There’s a reason people grill all summer long. It’s easy, it’s outside, and it makes everything taste better! Grilled shrimp is a favorite of both adults AND kids in our house.
- If your shrimp is frozen, make sure it thaws completely before getting started. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and place it in a large bowl.
- To the bowl add olive oil, lime zest and juice, garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir it well and let it rest for a few minutes. I suggest making the salsa while the shrimp is resting!
- Grilling shrimp is easiest when you thread them on skewers all in a line. Place the shrimp skewers on the hot grill and give them 2-3 minutes per side. The shrimp will turn nice and pink! Once they’re done you can use a fork to push them off the skewers and onto a serving plate or bowl.
- To make delicious tacos, we start with a warm tortilla and shrimp! Top each one with cabbage, grilled pineapple salsa, avocado, and cilantro. A squeeze of fresh lime juice makes them PERFECT! Serve them right away.
Side Dish Suggestions
Taco night is everyone’s favorite! We usually mainly focus on the tacos, but if you want a couple side dishes on the menu you could serve:
More Taco Recipes
- Honey Lime Salmon Tacos
- Steak Tacos
- Grilled Halloumi Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Smoky Cauliflower Tacos
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Sweet Potato Tacos
Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
For the grilled pineapple salsa:
- 1 small pineapple cored and cut into spears
- Olive oil for brushing the pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Kosher salt to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Finely shredded purple cabbage
- Avocado slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, lime zest and juice, garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir until all of the shrimp is well coated and let the shrimp rest while you make the salsa.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush pineapple with olive oil and grill until charred on both sides. Set aside to cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine grilled pineapple, red pepper, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season with salt, to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers and put them on a plate or platter. Place the shrimp skewers on the hot grill and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink. Remove the shrimp skewers from the grill and remove the shrimp from the skewers.
- To assemble the tacos, place shrimp into a warmed tortilla. Top with cabbage, grilled pineapple salsa, avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the tacos, if desired. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.