Have you tried Pretzel M&M’s? We splurged and bought a bag this weekend. They are the latest addition to the M&M family and they are scrumptious. The M&M’s have a colorful candy shell, like all M&M’s, but inside the milk chocolate there is a crunchy pretzel. Genius! I had to hide the bag from Josh. I wasn’t trying to hog them, I just wanted to save them to bake pretzel M&M cookies.
Last week I couldn’t use our oven because our kitchen was under construction. It still is, but Josh cleaned up the mess so I could cook and bake this week. It is probably the last week I will have access to our kitchen until the kitchen remodel is finished. I am going to make the most of this week. Yesterday, I baked a batch of pretzel M&M cookies. If you have tried the new pretzel M&M’s and are in love, like us, just wait until you taste these cookies. They are amazing!
I added the M&M’s to a chocolate chip cookie dough. I also sprinkled the cookie balls with sea salt to bring out the salty flavor in the pretzels. The cookies have a little crunch from the pretzel M&M’s and there is plenty of chocolate to go around. I love the sweet and salty combination.
I am going to stock up on pretzel M&M’s so I can bake never ending batches of these cookies. Go buy a bag today and get baking!
If you like these pretzel cookies, you might also like:
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
Pretzel M&M Cookies
- 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel M&M's
- Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl medium bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. About two minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pretzel M&M's.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.