Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies-soft pumpkin cinnamon cookies with cinnamon chips and finished with cinnamon and sugar. These are the BEST pumpkin cookies you will ever eat!
I hope you are ready for pumpkin recipes because I am sharing the BEST pumpkin cookie recipe today. These Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies are hands down the best pumpkin cookies I have ever made or eaten…and I have made and eaten a lot of pumpkin cookies in my lifetime.
A few of my favorite pumpkin cookie recipes include:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies
See, I have made a lot of pumpkin cookies. I am kind of obsessed with pumpkin and cookies:)
I love all of my pumpkin cookie recipes, but these Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies are my new favorite. Sorry other pumpkin cookies, I hate to pick a favorite, but these Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies are number one in my book now! I am madly in love with them!
I really wasn’t planning on blogging about these cookies until later in the fall, but I shared them with two friends and they both text me asking for the recipe. They both loved them! One of my friends even said that these cookies are not only the best pumpkin cookies, but the best cookies ever..out of all the cookies! She said these cookies will be in heaven’s cookie jar:) I am fine with that!
So we are kicking off pumpkin season a little early. I didn’t want my friends to wait…and that includes all of you:)
Pumpkin cookies traditionally have cinnamon in them, but I upped the cinnamon by adding an extra healthy dose of ground cinnamon to the dough. I also added cinnamon chips!
If you haven’t baked with cinnamon chips, you are missing out! I can usually find them at the grocery store, but if I can’t I order them from Amazon. I love them and they are a MUST for fall baking. I suggest you stock up because you are going to be baking a billion batches of these Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies after you taste them. I am already going on my third batch.
To finish off the cookies and to keep with the cinnamon theme, I roll the cookies in a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking. The mixture adds a nice sweet touch and makes the cookies extra purty!
So go ahead and bust out a can of pumpkin. It is time to make these Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies. Trust me, you NEED them ASAP! They are the perfect pumpkin cookie!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin, we use Libby’s canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined, about 3 minutes. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into rounded tablespoons and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Lightly press down on the cookies with a spatula or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod