Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad with Charred Lime Vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for all of your summer meals! You will love the flavors in this light and fresh salad.
Summertime is the best time!
Summer is my favorite time of year because I love all of the fresh produce that is available. I can never get enough! I try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as I can every single day so I can enjoy all of the flavors of summer. I love this Summer Vegetable Salad because it is packed with so many summer vegetables. I get to enjoy all of my favorites in one salad!
This salad recipe comes from Gail Simmon’s new cookbook, Bringing It Home . I am obsessed with this book! There are SO many recipes I want to make and this Summer Vegetable Salad is already a favorite. I know I am going to be making it all summer long. Make sure you check out the cookbook, it’s a good one!
So what’s in this special summer salad?
- sweet corn
- bell pepper
- feta cheese
- charred lime viniagrette
Yes, you read that correctly, a charred lime vinaigrette. Charring the limes for the dressing is genius! Grilling the limes before juicing them gives the salad a delicious charred flavor and it makes the limes easier to juice. A win-win!
I love that the vegetables are grilled, grilling adds the best flavor and you can’t beat grilling out during the summer. We like to spend as much time outside as possible. And if you don’t have a grill, don’t worry, you can use a grill pan inside. That is fine too!
This salad is very flexible too, you can use whatever summer vegetables you have on hand. The more the merrier! If you want to bulk up the salad to make it more of a main dish, feel free to add your favorite protein-chicken, steak, fish, or beans would be great! And if you have avocado, add it! Avocado is always a good idea!
Enjoy this easy summer vegetable salad all summer long! It is great for lunch, dinner, or for summer BBQ’s!
If you like this Summer Vegetable Salad, you might also like:
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Easy Summer Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Easy Quinoa Salad
- Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad
- Cucumber Watermelon and Feta Salad
Summer Vegetable Salad
For the salad:
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 medium orange, red, or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into half moons
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (or queso fresco, or shaved ricotta salata cheese)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped herbs such as cilantro, chives, basil, or mint
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Brush the corn and bell pepper with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 6 to 8 minutes for the pepper and 12 to 15 for the con. Transfer the grilled vegetables to a cutting board as they are finished and let cool slightly.
- Brush 3 of the lime halves with oil, you won’t need the 4th half, save for another use. Grill the halves, cut side down, rotating occasionally, until charred, about 5 minutes. Transfer the limes to a plate.
- To make the vinaigrette, thinly slice the garlic, then mount the salt on top. Using both the blade and flat side of a chef’s knife, chop and scrape the mixture into a paste. Transfer to a small bowl or jar. Juice the grilled limes and add the lime juice and shallot to the bowl with the garlic and whisk in the oil.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and roughly chop the bell pepper. Arrange the grilled vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, and radishes in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and a generous pinch of salt and pepper; gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with the cheese and herbs to serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod