Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal-easy and healthy baked oatmeal that will remind you of your favorite zucchini bread!
I really hope you are not rolling your eyes and walking away from your computer. Yes, I am sharing another zucchini recipe, but I promise you NEED this one! This Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal is a MUST make! And I know you still have zucchini to use up, so I am just trying to help you out. I don’t want your zucchini to go to waste!
I love zucchini bread and baked oatmeal, so I combined the two! Two of my favorite breakfasts in one pan! And guess what? Our boys love it too! If you are trying to sneak more veggies into your kids’ diet, you’ve gotta make this oatmeal. Our boys not only eat it, they ask for it! Ok, Maxwell doesn’t actually ask for it, he isn’t speaking in full sentences yet, but he does clap and point as soon as he sees the oatmeal on the table.
I love making baked oatmeal, maybe you have tried my Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal, Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal, Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal? All are winners, but this Zucchini Bread Oatmeal is our current favorite. We can’t get enough and you have to try it!
This Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal is a great recipe for back to school because you can make a pan and reheat it during the week. It is perfect for busy school mornings and you will get some veggies in your kids before they head out the door! Plus, they will love it! It’s a win-win breakfast!
I don’t put nuts in the oatmeal, because Josh is allergic, but I had a jar of candied pecans on the counter so I added some to my bowl. SO yum! I highly recommend topping the baked oatmeal with candied pecans. You can also add an extra dash of cinnamon, sprinkle of brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, and an extra splash of milk. Feel free to jazz up your oatmeal however you like!
Make the most of the end of summer zucchini crop and make this Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal. A warm bowl of oatmeal that tastes like zucchini bread is a great way to start the day if you ask me!
And if you are looking for more zucchini recipes, check out our favorite zucchini recipes! Enjoy!
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes
- Blueberry Maple Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Candied pecans, for topping the oatmeal, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil (or butter), and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Add in the zucchini and stir again. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve with candied pecans, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Thank you! I cannot wait to try this. We are overrun with zucchini so i wanted to freeze it but i can only make so much zucchini bread bc we just don’t need to eat a lot of it. BUT I searched online for zucchini bread baked oatmeal bc I make a baked oatmeal nearly every week and the first hit was your site . I was so excited bc I follow you already and trust your recipes. Yesterday I baked my favorite banana bread baked oatmeal in now this one is next in the queue. Thank you SO much!
You are welcome! I have lots of zucchini recipes:)
I finally did make this and wanted to come back yo leavea review because it is wonderful! I added pecans rather than use as a topping. This is just the right amount of sweerness for my taste and baked oatmeal tends to carry me through the morning well. Thank uoi very much, Maria!
Moist and delicious. Not overly sweet, which my husband said was a plus. Tried it cold and warm. Tastes great either way. Recipe was easy and straight forward. Will make again!
This is my new favorite! We had SO much zucchini this year and I froze a lot so I’m using garden goodness in December. I added pecans and dried cranberries and could eat this every day! I’m contemplating how I could add orange flavor to make cranberry orange zucchini baked oatmeal. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
Glad you liked the recipe.
See More Comments