Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal-easy and healthy baked oatmeal that will remind you of your favorite zucchini bread!
I really hope you are not rolling your eyes and walking away from your computer. Yes, I am sharing another zucchini recipe, but I promise you NEED this one! This Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal is a MUST make! And I know you still have zucchini to use up, so I am just trying to help you out. I don’t want your zucchini to go to waste!
I love zucchini bread and baked oatmeal, so I combined the two! Two of my favorite breakfasts in one pan! And guess what? Our boys love it too! If you are trying to sneak more veggies into your kids’ diet, you’ve gotta make this oatmeal. Our boys not only eat it, they ask for it! Ok, Maxwell doesn’t actually ask for it, he isn’t speaking in full sentences yet, but he does clap and point as soon as he sees the oatmeal on the table.
I love making baked oatmeal, maybe you have tried my Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal, Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal, Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, or Baked Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal. Yeah, I think I have a baked oatmeal obsession:) Well, this Zucchini Bread Oatmeal is our current favorite. We can’t get enough and you have to try it!
This Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal is a great recipe for back to school because you can make a pan and reheat it during the week. It is perfect for busy school mornings and you will get some veggies in your kids before they head out the door! Plus, they will love it! It’s a win-win breakfast!
I don’t put nuts in the oatmeal, because Josh is allergic, but I had a jar of candied pecans on the counter so I added some to my bowl. SO yum! I highly recommend topping the baked oatmeal with candied pecans. You can also add an extra dash of cinnamon, sprinkle of brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, and an extra splash of milk. Feel free to jazz up your oatmeal however you like!
Make the most of the end of summer zucchini crop and make this Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal. A warm bowl of oatmeal that tastes like zucchini bread is a great way to start the day if you ask me!
And if you are looking for more zucchini recipes, check out our favorite zucchini recipes! Enjoy!
Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 2 cups old fashioned oats or gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk I've used skim and almond, both work great
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Candied pecans for topping the oatmeal, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, coconut oil (or butter), and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Add in the zucchini and stir again. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve with candied pecans, if desired.
- Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. I always add a splash of milk after reheating to liven it up. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9x13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free. Other topping ideas-brown sugar, cinnamon, dried cranberries, or raisins.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!