Glazed Lemon Cookies
We hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent Easter in California with Josh’s family. It was nice to be surrounded by family, friends, and of course tasty food. I hope you haven’t overdosed on Easter candy, because I have a sweet recipe for you today-Glazed Lemon Cookies. These cookies are light, refreshing, and perfect for spring.
I make these cookies frequently during the spring and summer months. The cookies are soft and buttery with a hint of lemon. The lemon glaze adds a sweet and tart finish to these cheery cookies. These glazed lemon cookies make a great dessert for picnics, bbq’s, and showers. I’ve made them several times for friend’s bridal or baby showers. Everyone adores them.
If you need to add a little sunshine into your Monday, make a batch of Glazed Lemon Cookies. I am sure they will put a smile on your face. Enjoy!
Glazed Lemon Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
4-5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 35o degrees F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.
4. Beat butter and sugar/lemon mixture together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
5. Slowly beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended. Drop dough by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just set and slightly golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking racks. Cool completely.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Dip each cookie top into the lemon glaze. Let cookies sit until icing has set.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like Glazed Lemon Cookies, you might also like: