Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal-this easy baked oatmeal is a breakfast favorite during the chilly fall months. Make a pan and reheat all week for an easy and healthy breakfast!
Best Baked Oatmeal for Fall
Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts, it is my go to. I eat it year around, but especially during the chilly fall and winter months. My favorite fall oatmeal is Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal. If you like pumpkin and oatmeal, you are in for a real treat because this easy baked oatmeal is the BEST fall breakfast. You are going to set your alarm extra early so you can enjoy a bowl. Ok, maybe not, go ahead and hit snooze but make sure you save time for breakfast. You don’t want to miss this baked oatmeal!
Baked Oatmeal Makes an Easy Breakfast
Baked oatmeal is a great breakfast because you make it in ONE pan and then reheat it throughout the week. It is so easy to make and the entire family loves it, especially my Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal. The pumpkin spice flavor with a hint of maple and brown sugar is delicious! The dried cranberries add a nice pop of color and sweetness too! The flavors scream fall!
To reheat the baked oatmeal, just pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and enjoy. You can also add a splash of milk to your bowl, that is my favorite way to eat it. And if you want to go all out you can even add a little extra brown sugar or maple syrup to your bowl. Then you will think you are eating pumpkin pie for breakfast and that is a very good thing:)
Tips for Making Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Make sure you use old fashioned oats. If you need the baked oatmeal to be gluten free, you can use gluten free oats.
- You can use regular milk or almond milk for this recipe. I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. You can find canned pumpkin at any grocery store in the baking aisle.
- Use pure maple syrup, the good stuff!
- If you don’t want to use melted butter, you can use melted coconut oil. Both work great!
- Dried cranberries add a nice pop of color and sweetness. You can use raisins too or leave them out. You can also stir in chocolate chips if you want an extra special breakfast. Pumpkin and chocolate, always a good idea!
- You can easily double this baked oatmeal recipe if you are feeding a crowd!
Start your fall morning with Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal! You will be glad you did!
If you like this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal recipe, you might also like:
- Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal
- Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal
- Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Steel Cut Oats
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups milk regular or almond
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter cooled to room temperature (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir until combined. Stir in the dried cranberries. Pour oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.
- Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. I always add a splash of milk after reheating to liven it up. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9x13 pan.
Disclosure-this post is in partnership with The Quaker Oats Company, but our opinions are our own. This giveaway is solely administered by Two Peas and Their Pod. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.