Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is an easy vegetable side dish that goes great with any meal. This healthy roasted cauliflower recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and so delicious! We make it at least once a week!
Roasted vegetables are my FAVORITE. I might even like them more than cookies. I know, that is a BIG statement, but I eat roasted vegetables almost every single day. I crave them every day and LOVE them every day. My day isn’t complete without roasted vegetables.
I love roasting a variety of roasted vegetables, my Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls are a staple, but sometimes I like sticking to one vegetable. It is nice to give one vegetable the spotlight from time to time. One of my very favorite roasted vegetables is cauliflower. I am obsessed with all things cauliflower and roasted cauliflower is my favorite, especially this Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower.
This roasted cauliflower recipe comes from the cookbook, Pretty Simple Cooking, written by A Couple Cooks, my blogging friends. I am SO in love with their new cookbook, it is filled with 100 delicious vegetarian recipes that are all simple to make. I am always looking for new vegetarian recipes and this cookbook is a winner!
How to Roast Cauliflower
Roasting cauliflower is easy and turns an ordinary vegetable into an addicting vegetable. Yes, vegetables can be addicting. After you try this oven roasted cauliflower, you will know what I am talking about. You will be reaching for a plate of roasted cauliflower instead of a bag of chips or stack of cookies:)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. You want the oven to nice and hot so the cauliflower can roast and get crispy.
- Make sure you cut the cauliflower into florets that are all the same size. You want the florets to be the same size so the cauliflower roasts evenly.
- Flavor the cauliflower with garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Make sure the cauliflower is well coated with olive oil so the cauliflower will get crispy in the oven.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the cauliflower doesn’t stick to the pan and for easy clean up.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 25-35 minutes, stirring once. I like to roast my vegetables for a little longer because I like them extra crispy.
This Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower is a fantastic vegetable side dish. Serve it with pasta, meat, seafood, add it to a salad, or eat it as a healthy snack. I have been eating it for lunch almost every single day. It is one of my favorite vegetables!
You will love the turmeric kick. You can find turmeric at almost any grocery store in the spice aisle. Turmeric is bright yellow in color and is the main spice in curry. It has a warm, bitter taste and contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which helps decrease swelling and inflammation.
The next time you are going to roast up some cauliflower, make Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower. You will love this easy, heathy, and delicious vegetable side dish.
If you like this roasted cauliflower recipe, you might also like:
- Roasted Mustard Cauliflower
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
- Roasted Cauliflower, Feta, and Orzo Salad
- Penne with Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpeas and Pomegranate
And make sure you check out Pretty Simple Cooking for LOTS of healthy and delicious recipes!
Tumeric Roasted Cauliflower
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower about 2 pounds
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower and garlic with the olive oil, cumin, paprika, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, then place the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 25-35 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and browned, stirring once. Serve immediately.
- Note-you can swap the red pepper flakes for 1 Fresno chile pepper, seeds removed, and minced if you wish.