Today is National Zucchini Day. Yes, there is a special day devoted to the squash. I don’t know who decides on these days, but I am happy to celebrate the zucchini. It really is perfect timing for National Zucchini Day. We are all racking our brains trying to figure out what to do with the vegetable, so why not make a day of it and go zucchini crazy?
I am going to kick-off National Zucchini Day by making Zucchini Coconut Bread. I love zucchini bread and this Zucchini Coconut Bread is my new favorite zucchini bread recipe. I’ve already made it three times this summer. It is a great recipe for using up the summer zucchini!
This bread is easy to whip up and is on the healthier spectrum of zucchini breads. The bread is made with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and coconut oil. There is no butter in this bread! Don’t worry, you won’t miss it. The coconut oil gives the bread an incredible flavor. The bread is also super moist thanks to the zucchini and Greek yogurt. The shredded coconut compliments the zucchini nicely and adds a little extra coconut goodness to the loaf.
Shred up some zucchini and make Zucchini Coconut Bread! It is the perfect way to celebrate National Zucchini Day. You can’t beat a warm slice of zucchini bread! Mmmm!
I think I will eat Zucchini Coconut Bread for breakfast, Zucchini Ribbon Salad for lunch, Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies for dessert, Baked Zucchini Fries for dinner, and Zucchini Chocolate Chip Brownies for dessert. Yes, I am going to have two desserts today:) So maybe that is a zucchini overload, but go big or go home, right? It’s time to celebrate the zucchini!
And if you are in need of more zucchini ideas, check out these tasty 35 Zucchini Recipes!
If you like this zucchini bread recipe, you might also like:
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Zucchini Coconut Bread
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 loaf of bread
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini squeezed and drained in a paper towel
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let zucchini bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.