Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Guacamole
Josh started a chips and salsa tradition at our house. Every Sunday we bust out the chips and salsa for lunch. Josh would be fine with restaurant style salsa every week, but I like to mix things up by making Black Bean Corn Salsa, Pineapple Salsa, Peach Salsa, and Strawberry Mango Salsa.
I decided to shake salsa Sundays up even more by making Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Guacamole. Josh wasn’t happy that I was taking over salsa Sunday…until he tasted my guacamole. He said I could highjack salsa Sunday with guacamole any day.
Sweet corn is so good right now. I am eating it up in any way I can. For the guacamole, I charred the corn on the grill. I also roasted the red pepper on the grill. I love using the grill during the summer so we don’t have to heat up the house. If you don’t have a grill, you can use a gas stove or broiler to roast the corn and red pepper.
I combined the charred corn and roasted red pepper with ripe California avocados, the heart and soul of guacamole. I also added in cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and a few dashes of Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce. I love the kick of garlic and heat the sauce added.
We served the Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Guacamole with homemade baked tortilla chips. We dipped and dipped until we couldn’t dip anymore. This guacamole is out of this world! I love the smoky flavor the roasted corn and red peppers add.
Josh’s Sunday salsa tradition will still continue, but guacamole might be invited to the party from now on. We both loved this Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Guacamole.
Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Guacamole is a great appetizer for any summer BBQ! I think I will make a big bowl for the 4th of July. I just hope I will be nice enough to share with our guests. I might hide in the corner with the bowl and a big bag of chips:)
Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Guacamole
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Guacamole with avocados, roasted corn, roasted red peppers, cilantro, lime, red onion, and Tabasco garlic pepper sauce. You will be hooked after one bite!
1 ear of corn, shucked
1 red pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons diced red onion
Juice of 1 lime
3-5 dashes of Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Grill corn over medium-high heat, on all sides, until charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
2. Turn the grill to high heat. Place the red pepper on the grill and grill until all sides are black. Place the pepper in a brown paper bag and let sweat for 10-15 minutes. Remove the charred skin. Cut off the stem and removed the seeds. Chop up the red pepper. Cut the corn kernels off of the cob.
3. Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
4. In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, red pepper, avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, Tabasco, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve.
Note-If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the corn and red pepper over a low flame burner and rotate every 10 seconds to char on all sides. You can also use the broil setting in your oven. You can also use jarred roasted red pepper to save time.
If you like this Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Guacamole, you might also like:
- Grilled Guacamole from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Curry Guacamole from Edible Perspective
- Mango & Cilantro Guacamole Two Peas and Their Pod
- Roasted Garlic and Pickled Jalapeño Guacamole from FoodieCrush
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Tabasco, but our opinions are our own.