Crispy Chocolate Chip Crunch Oatmeal Cookies-crispy oatmeal cookies with chunks of Crunch candy bars and chocolate chips! These cookies are a real treat!
Happy Halloween! I hope your day is filled with lots of treats and only a few tricks:)
Today, I am sharing a cookie recipe that will help you use up some of that leftover Halloween candy. You know you are going to have gobs of candy leftover, it happens every year. I am not complaining though because I love turning Halloween candy into tasty treats, especially cookies! These Crispy Chocolate Chip Crunch Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect recipe for leftover Halloween candy. They are definitely a treat…no tricks involved:)
Confession, I really don’t like Crunch bars. They aren’t terrible, but they are not my favorite candy. So you are probably wondering why I am posting a recipe with them. Well, everything tastes better in a cookie and I love Crunch bars in these cookies!
I always try to buy candy for our trick-or-treaters that I don’t love…so I won’t sit and eat it all. Sorry trick-or-treaters! 🙂 We always have leftover candy so then I am stuck with candy I don’t really like. That is when I am forced to bake cookies with the candy. You know, because eating candy in cookie form is so much better for you:)
For these cookies, I chop up Crunch bars and mix them in a cookie dough that has oatmeal, crispy rice cereal, and chocolate chips. The Crunch candy bars and crispy rice cereal keep these cookies crunchy, crispy, and SO good!
If you have leftover Crunch bars lying around after Halloween, make sure you bake a batch of Crispy Chocolate Chip Crunch Oatmeal Cookies! And if for some reason you don’t have any leftover Halloween candy, it is ok to go buy a bag of Crunch bars. These cookies are worth it! Or maybe just knock on your neighbors door and trick-or-treat a day late. I am sure they would be happy to share their candy!
If you are looking for more ways to use up your Halloween candy, check out these recipes!
- Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
- Mini M&M’S Cookies
- Butter Toffee Heath Popcorn
- Crispy Butterfinger Cookies
- Twix Caramel Cookie Bars
- Sweet and Salty Marshmallow Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies
- Twix Caramel Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Rolo Blondies
- Twix Caramel Brownies
Crispy Chocolate Chip Crunch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped Crunch candy bars
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer on low, add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- 4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Beat until just combined. Stir in the oats, cereal, Crunch bars, and chocolate chips. Don't over mix. You don't want to crush the cereal too much.
- 5. Scoop dough into rounded balls and place on prepared baking, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod