Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies-soft peanut butter cookies with Butterfinger candy bars and milk chocolate chips! Use your leftover Halloween candy to make these delicious cookies!
Halloween is tomorrow, I hope you have your costumes and candy ready! Our boys are super excited and can’t wait to go trick or treating. I am looking forward to sneaking into their candy bags to find Butterfinger candy bars so I can make Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies. They are the perfect cookies for using up Halloween candy.
I am always looking for ways to use up Halloween candy because every year we end up with WAY too much candy. The boys come home with big bags of candy and we usually have leftover candy of our own. I don’t want the candy to go to waste so I turn the candy into delicious treats:
My soft peanut butter cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes. They are perfect in every way. I decided to use my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe to make Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies and it was a good idea. Actually, the BEST idea. These cookies are crazy good! And to be honest, I don’t even really like Butterfinger candy bars, but put them in peanut butter cookies and I am ALL in!
The cookies are soft, chewy, with pieces of Butterfinger candy bars and milk chocolate chip cookies. I normally use semi-sweet chocolate chips in my cookie recipes, but milk chocolate chips are the way to go in this peanut butter cookie recipe. They go so well with the Butterfinger candy bars and peanut butter cookie. Trust me!
Gather up all of the Butterfinger candy bars you can find and make Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies.
If you like these Butterfinger cookies, you might also like:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores
- Peanut Butter Apple Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together until combined. Add the sugars and beat until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chopped Butterfinger candy bars and milk chocolate chips.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and form a cookie dough ball. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet, about 2-inches apart. Slightly press down on the cookie balls with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until they are golden at the edges and just set. Don’t over bake, the cookies will set up as they cool. Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Yum, these sound great! Butterfingers are one of my favorite candies, so I love incorporating them into recipes whenever I can!
You don’t like Butterfingers?! It’s okay, we can still be friends 😉
I actually have a ton of crushed homemade Butterfinger bars that I used for making Butterfinger frosting (incredible). These cookies would be a great use for them!
Thanks for another great recipe!
they are so good
I will eat all your unwanted Butterfingers – and these cookies too! Yum!
These are SO PERFECT!!!!!
Oh! Butterfingers are one of my favorite Halloween candies. So I’ll definitely be baking up a batch of these cookies!
One of my fav candy bars and of course in a cookie..duh!!
OMG these look SO good!! I love butterfingers, PLUS cookies??!!! yessss.
I won’t be trick or treating, but I’m totally stopping by your house for some of these 🙂
now that’s how you make use of leftover halloween candy! YUM!
Such a yummy way to eat all that Halloween candy!!
I’m going to buy more candy just to make these! All hail the cookie queen!
Just made these with leftover Halloween candy. They were so good! The kids loved them!
Butterfingers are my favorite!!! This sounds delish!
i can’t wait to eat it
I went out tonight, two days after Halloween, to purchase butterfingers! These sound delicious! I am not a candy person but in cookies they sound delicious. Also purchased a bag 70% off.
Looks amazing! Want to try these, but after baking could I freeze them?
Can you use semi sweet chocolate chips that’s all I have on hand? Thanks