Super Bowl XLV is less than a week away. Even if you aren’t a Steelers or Packers fan, you can still enjoy Super Bowl Sunday. Good food and friends make the day fun and the television commercials are always entertaining. We are having friends over to watch the big game and of course there will be a big spread of food. Today we are sharing some of our all time favorite Super Bowl recipes and a new favorite, Easy Vegetarian Chili.
Vegetarians and meat lovers will enjoy this chili. It is hearty, filling, and easy to prepare. You can even make this chili recipe the day before so you don’t have to fuss with it on game day. Just reheat it on the stove when you are ready. This vegetarian chili is very satisfying. It will fill you up all by itself, but we always like to serve it with tortilla chips or corn muffins.
If you are looking for other football friendly recipes, here are a few of our favorites:
- Loaded Nachos
- Buffalo Hot Wings
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- Edamame Guacamole
- Black Bean Salsa
- Caramel Corn
- Poppy Chow
- Rolo Pretzels with Pretzel M&M’s
- Baked Potato Soup
- Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Tortellini Vegetable Soup
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
- Rocky Ledge Bars
- Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rolo Cookies
Enjoy the game!
Easy Vegetarian Chili
This vegetarian chili is easy to make and will warm you up on a cold day! It freezes well too, so double the batch and save some for later!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- 3 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add carrot, celery, peppers, and jalapeno. Cook for five minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes, beans, and water. Season chili with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir and let chili simmer for 30 minutes. Stir chili frequently so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Serve hot.
*Note-serve with chips or cornbread, if desired. This chili also freezes beautifully.
If you like this Easy Vegetarian Chili, you might also like:
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup from Two Peas and Their Pod
Spicy Vegetarian Chili from Simply Recipes
Smoky Black Bean & Corn Vegetarian Chili from Cookin’ Canuck
Three Bean Vegetarian Chili from Pinch My Salt