Wondering what to do with all of that garden zucchini? We are coming to your rescue by sharing our all-time favorite zucchini recipes! You are going to want to make them all this summer!
Zucchini Season, My Favorite Time of Year
Summer is in full swing and that means it is zucchini season, my favorite time of year. I love cooking and baking with zucchini, it is probably my favorite vegetable. We always grow zucchini in our garden so we can make ALL the zucchini recipes.
If you don’t have a garden, don’t worry, you can buy zucchini at the farmers market, store, or I bet your neighbors have some zucchini they are willing to give to you. Zucchini grows like crazy during the hot summer months and everyone is always trying to share the zucchini love.
Tips for Cooking and Baking with Zucchini
Here are a few tips that will help you have zucchini success in the kitchen!
- The smaller zucchini are best for cooking and grilling.
- If you have a giant zucchini that got too big in the garden, don’t throw it out, use it for baking! Over sized zucchini are my favorite because I LOVE baking with zucchini. When you put zucchini in baked goods, magic happens! It makes cakes, breads, cookies, brownies, etc. so moist and delicious.
- To use zucchini in baked goods, shred the zucchini. You can use a box grater or a food processor. I never peel the zucchini first, it is fine to leave on the green skin.
- For baked goods, squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini in a paper towel before adding it to your recipe. Zucchini holds a lot of water and if you don’t squeeze out some of the moisture your baked goods might be too moist.
- I find that garden zucchini has a lot more moisture than store-bought zucchini. If your zucchini isn’t that watery, gently squeeze it out but don’t take out all of the moisture. You want the zucchini to add moisture to your recipe.
- If you have a lot of zucchini and aren’t able to use it all at once, shred it up and freeze it. Squeeze some of the moisture out and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. To use, defrost the zucchini first, and squeeze out additional moisture, if necessary.
Best Zucchini Recipes
If you are wondering what to make with your zucchini this summer, we have LOTS of zucchini recipes for you! These zucchini recipes are our favorite zucchini recipes that we make every summer.
Yes, there are a lot of them so we have to get to work! There are sweet and savory zucchini recipes, some healthy zucchini recipes, and some decadent ones too! Something for everyone!
Salad and Appetizer Recipes
- Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- Zucchini Corn and Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Zucchini Nachos
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits
Zucchini Noodle Recipes
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto
- Southwestern Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus, Peas, and Basil Vinaigrette
- Easy Chicken Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry
- Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Sausage and Peppers with Zucchini Noodles
Savory Zucchini Recipes
- Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos
- Grilled Zucchini
- Corn and Zucchini Enchiladas
- Spring Vegetable Zucchini Soup
- Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas
- Black Bean and Quinoa Enchilada Zucchini Boats
- Vegetable Soup
- Easy Minestrone Soup
- Garlic Butter Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Bread
Zucchini Muffin Recipes
- Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Cheddar Corn Muffins
- Zucchini Banana Blueberry Muffins
Zucchini Breakfast Recipes
- Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Brown Butter Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Brownies
- Lemon Zucchini Bars
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake
- Zucchini Cookies
- Zucchini Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Cookies
- Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Dried Cranberries
Favorite Zucchini Recipes
What are your favorite zucchini recipes? Let us know in the comments! We are always looking for new zucchini recipes to make during the summertime.
We hope you enjoy all of our favorite zucchini recipes! And I have to put a special plug in for my Chocolate Zucchini Bread, if you make one zucchini recipe this summer, make the bread. It is my all-time favorite and it always gets rave reviews!
Happy zucchini season and make sure you share these zucchini recipes with your friends, family, and neighbors. We know everyone is looking for good zucchini recipes to use up that garden zucchini! And you can always share a loaf of zucchini bread too, they will love you forever:)